Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cards - 'The Garden'

I think I have mentioned that The Garden is one of the key concepts I have been working on within my art. In the last 3.5 years the meanings in my work have changed so much that even I raise my eyebrows when I look back and read what I had said in 2004 and 2005 about tranquilart. I guess my art is a response to my circumstances: it was so back then and is so now too.

In the last few days I have been reviving my relationship with media to have a physical manifestation of the mighty thoughts which are being processed within me.

Here is the result: this is a floral motif which represents man's yearning for Paradise. Stitched by hand, it reflects the centrality of deeds which play a vital role in attaining that celestial abode. Some of you may recall the Circles of Knowledge theme when seeing this.. yes.. there is a link between the two.















Blank Cards @ £1 each.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaminah Shakur said...

Asalaamu alaikum.

How lovely!

7:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful mashaAllah!

x

2:17 pm  
Blogger Daughter of Adam said...

Walaikumslam

Thanks yous x

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home